HERE FOR YOU
ABOUT THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a new long-term program that provides federally funded discounts on internet access service to qualified households. The Affordable Connectivity Program replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program beginning December 31, 2021.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
INSTRUCTIONS TO OBTAIN YOUR AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY BENEFITS:
1.) Submit your Afford Connectivity program (ACP) application online or by mail (current enrolled lifeline benefit customers are not not required to submit application)
2.) Once you’re approved, you’ll receive an email of qualification for the ACP benefits with your application ID #
3.) Complete and sign the ACP Customer OPT-IN Consent Form (FCC Mandatory requirement for enrollment of ALL EBB program participating customers)
4.) Print your Affordable Connectivity Program approval notice and your completed signed ACP Customer Opt-In Consent Form.
5.) Submit copy of ACP Program approval notice and Opt-In Consent Form to our customer service office in order to receive ACP program benefit credit on your bill
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? CALL 844.256.BOLT
Please Note: Federal rules prohibit eligible low-income consumers from receiving more than one Lifeline and one Affordable Connectivity Program discount per household. An eligible consumer may receive a discount on either a wireline or wireless service, but not both. A consumer whose household currently is receiving more than one Lifeline service must select a single Lifeline provider and contact the other provider to de-enroll from their program. Consumers violating this rule may also be subject to criminal and/or civil penalties.